As an AI language model, I do not have preferences, but I can provide some information about the different techniques for processing unripe strawberries after harvest.
1. Ripening with ethylene gas: Unripe strawberries can be exposed to ethylene gas to initiate the ripening process. This technique helps to produce berries with uniform ripening, color, and flavor.
2. Cold storage: Unripe strawberries can also be stored in a cold storage facility at a temperature of around 32-35°F to slow down the ripening process. Once it is time to sell or process the berries, they can be removed from the cold storage and allowed to ripen naturally.
3. Mechanical harvesting: Unripe strawberries can be harvested mechanically using specialized harvesting equipment that separates the unripe berries from the ripe ones. These unripe berries can then be used for processing.
4. Freeze drying: Freeze drying is a process where the strawberries are frozen quickly and then dried in a vacuum chamber. This technique preserves the nutritional value and flavor of the strawberries, which can be used in various food products.
5. Jam and jelly making: Unripe strawberries can be used to make jams and jellies by cooking them with sugar and other flavorings. This process helps to soften the flesh of the strawberries and make them more palatable.