1. Strawberry Shortcake: Perhaps the most famous use of strawberries in popular culture, Strawberry Shortcake is a beloved character who originally appeared as a doll in the 1980s. She later became the star of her own series, which features her and her friends navigating various adventures in the magical Strawberryland.
2. The Beatles’ “Strawberry Fields Forever”: One of the most popular songs by The Beatles, “Strawberry Fields Forever” describes a peaceful garden that the singer longs to return to. The song’s lyrics are said to be inspired by a real-life Salvation Army children’s home that John Lennon used to visit in Liverpool, England.
3. The movie “Forrest Gump”: In the movie “Forrest Gump,” the character Lieutenant Dan invests in a shrimp boat after the Vietnam War and eventually becomes successful by adding a line of frozen shrimp. The brand is called “Bubba Gump Shrimp,” named after his comrade Bubba who loved shrimp. One of the restaurant’s specialties is strawberry margaritas.
4. Katy Perry’s “California Gurls”: The music video for Katy Perry’s hit song “California Gurls” features a candy-coated fantasy land filled with oversized sweets. One of the treats is a giant strawberry, which Perry herself is seen lounging on top of.
5. Strawberry ice cream: One of the most popular flavors of ice cream, strawberry has been a staple of frozen treats for decades. Its sweet and refreshing taste makes it a perfect dessert on a hot summer day.