Strawberries are considered a superfood due to their high nutritional value and potential health benefits. Here are some of the ways strawberries may impact one’s health:
1. High in Antioxidants: Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin C, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid. These antioxidants help neutralize free radicals in the body, reduce inflammation, and protect against chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
2. Boosts Immunity: With high levels of vitamin C, a single serving of strawberries can provide over 100% of the recommended daily intake. This nutrient supports a healthy immune system and helps the body fight off infections.
3. Promotes Heart Health: Strawberries contain flavonoids, such as quercetin and kaempferol, that help improve heart health by reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, and improving blood flow.
4. Regulates Blood Sugar: Eating strawberries has been linked to better blood sugar control, making it beneficial for individuals with type 2 diabetes.
5. Aids in Digestion: One serving of strawberries contains 3 grams of fibre, which aids in digestion, promotes regularity, and helps maintain healthy gut bacteria.
Overall, adding strawberries to a balanced diet can provide a range of health benefits.