As an AI language model, I have no personal experience of protecting strawberries from birds and other pests. However, there are some effective ways to protect your strawberries from birds and other pests:
1. Use bird netting to cover the strawberry plants and prevent birds from accessing them.
2. Install bird scare devices such as reflective tape, scarecrows or balloons which can be effective in deterring birds.
3. Use insecticidal soap or a homemade solution of vinegar and water to get rid of pests like aphids, spider mites, and other insects.
4. Companion planting with herbs such as basil, chives, or borage can help prevent pests from attacking your strawberries.
5. Place a layer of mulch around your strawberry plants to deter slugs and other crawling insects from accessing the fruit.
6. Apply a physical barrier such as a clear plastic cup or mesh to individual strawberries to protect them from pests.
7. Place bird feeders or birdhouses away from your strawberry patch to reduce the number of birds attracted to your garden.