– 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 2 tbsp granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 cup sliced strawberries
– Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut into four equal squares.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
4. Brush beaten egg onto the edges of each puff pastry square.
5. Divide the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each square and spread it evenly.
6. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
7. Fold the corners of each square inward, over the strawberries and cream cheese mixture, and press the edges together to seal.
8. Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
9. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
11. Once done, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Enjoy your delicious, sweet and creamy Strawberry and Cream Cheese Puff Pastry!