– 1kg fresh strawberries
– 800g granulated sugar
– Juice of 1 lemon
1. Rinse the strawberries and remove the stems.
2. Cut the strawberries into slices and place them in a large pot.
3. Add the sugar and lemon juice to the pot and stir to combine.
4. Let the mixture sit for about an hour to allow the sugar to dissolve and the strawberries to release their juices.
5. Heat the pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
6. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and reached a jam-like consistency.
8. Skim off any foam that forms on the surface of the jam.
9. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
10. Pour the jam into sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of headspace at the top.
11. Wipe the rims of the jars to make sure they are clean and screw on the lids tightly.
12. Process the jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes to seal them properly.
13. Let the jars cool completely before storing them in a cool, dark place for up to one year.