– 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed and dried
– 8 ounces milk or dark chocolate
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– Toppings of your choice (chopped nuts, sprinkles, shredded coconut, etc.)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
3. Dip each strawberry halfway into the melted chocolate, then place it on the prepared baking sheet.
4. If desired, sprinkle toppings over the chocolate while it’s still warm.
5. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
6. Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the strawberries from the refrigerator and enjoy!
Note: Chocolate-covered strawberries are best served within 24 hours of making them. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.