– 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
– 8 oz. goat cheese
– 1/4 cup white sugar
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
– 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 1 tbsp. honey
– Fresh mint, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the pastry to a baking pan or sheet.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Spread the goat cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
5. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the goat cheese mixture, slightly overlapping each other.
6. Brush the strawberries with honey.
7. Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown on the edges.
8. Allow the tart to cool for a few minutes.
9. Garnish the tart with fresh mint and serve.