– 8 slices of bread (sourdough or brioche works best)
– 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
– 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– butter for cooking
– whipped cream (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped strawberries, cream cheese and vanilla extract.
2. Cut the crusts off the bread and spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture on one slice. Top with another slice to make a sandwich. Repeat until all slices are used up.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
4. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, making sure the bread is fully coated on both sides.
5. In a large pan or griddle, melt a small amount of butter over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Serve hot with whipped cream and extra strawberries on top, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious strawberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast!