– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
– 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined and no large lumps remain.
5. Fold in the chopped strawberries, being careful not to overmix.
6. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
7. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the muffin batter into each muffin cup, then place about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center.
8. Divide the remaining muffin batter among the muffin cups, covering the cream cheese completely.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
10. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Serve and enjoy!