– 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
– 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
– 1 egg, beaten
– Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the sheet into 4 equal squares.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. In the center of each pastry square, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and top with diced strawberries.
5. Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and fold over the pastry to form a triangle.
6. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the pastry to seal in the filling.
7. Place the turnovers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Brush the tops of the turnovers with the remaining beaten egg.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the turnovers are golden brown and puffy.
10. Remove from the oven and transfer the turnovers to a wire rack to cool.
11. Dust the turnovers with powdered sugar and serve warm. Enjoy your delicious strawberry and cream cheese turnovers!